It is September so I am coming to this concept rather late. However I thought that it would be useful to me to catalogue the different projects that I have completed throughout the year so that I can refer back to them and, perhaps, inspire others to try something different. These projects start from June - before then I wasn't as good at remembering to take photographs!
This bag was from a Craftsy pattern and I used iron on pellon to provide some structure rather than the usual wadding that I might use for quilting.
Next up was a couple of small pieces - a home designed bag big enough to carry my keys, personal radio and dog treats. The rosette underneath is the start of my Millefiori quilt - a definite labour of love!
Then came a quick chicken. When I retired my Catering group of students clubbed together and bought me some Tilda fabrics and a Debbie Shore book - it seemed appropriate to make this quirky chicken out of the goodies.
I am in a Quilting Bee on facebook so every month I have to send of a bock made to specific directions - this was the first one - there are two because I had the bright idea of "one for them, one for me" - it didn't last!
Next up was a table runner for the newly decorated conservatory. I had gone to a quilting show in Spalding where I spotted this design made from Lynette Anderson fabrics - no pattern but they allowed us to take a photo and recreate it at home. The quilting of the central Dresden plate was done down the seams with fancy stitching and leaving the ends open - a technique that I picked up at another local quilt show. I repeated the concept at the other end of the conservatory for this set of drawers topper - and then just had to go on and make this clock - I put the Dresden plate into an embroidery ring and then attached a clock mechanism.
Once a month I go to a class at West Ashby. Throughout this year we have been completing 14 1/2" blocks with a star theme.
On a Tuesday night, during term time, I go to a patchwork class where we started to make a "quilt as you go" sampler quilt trying different techniques. I came late to the project and so this term we will have moved on. Nevertheless I am determined to carry on and complete this.
This was a craft organiser bag that I made in a workshop. Already this has been extremely useful - with nearly 20 pockets of differing sizes and heavily quilted.
Every month I receive a mystery redwork block (but I have chosen to do it in blue) from Mandy Shaw. We are nearing the end of these and so I will have to think about putting them all together soon.
This is a Christmas gift from a Gail Pan design - I love her Simply Christmas books and regularly go to them for inspiration.
This was a small bag that I started at a Gail Pan workshop and completed at home.
Whilst this candle mat is from Gail Pan's Simply Christmas book.
This was a fridge towel inspired by this blog.