Wednesday 4 April 2018

Wowzer - what a day!!

Truthfully I am not, by nature, a spontaneous girl.  I like to know what I am doing (although am happy to change if I am in control of the change!!) and today was no different.  I had it all planned - a day of bottoming out the kitchen, making a couple of Peter Rabbit knitting tote bags and, perhaps, a 15 minute toiletry bag that I had seen on youtube - "just because".  The day started well - I had had a good night's sleep, stripped the bed and washed the bedding - then started on the kitchen - all before 10am.  Then the phone rang!!  "Err - just wondering whether the "kennels" are open the first week in July? the voice said - Mum!  As we chatted about her unexpected holiday in July, I could hear Dad in the background - which is how I ended up in PC world!!  He wanted some advice about buying a new computer and printer - and came home with a new TV!!!


After that bombshell, we decamped to Sainsbury's and had some lunch.  Not being prepared for the outing, I had nothing that was Slimming World friendly and so had some Macaroni cheese (I knew the cheese sauce would be high but figured that the pasta was free) and a yoghurt.  On my way out my guilt overcame me and I asked one of the ladies to show me the nutritional information so that I could come home and work out the syns.  As a comparison I was going to have steamed salmon and a yoghurt (both free),  whereas my pasta n yog combo works out to be 23 syns in total !! Yikes!!  (It was nice though!)  Ah well - fruit it is for pudding then!


A visit to Sainsbury's also gave us a chance to look for Easter Bonnets (yep you read that right!)  My brother runs a children's group and they enjoyed decorating Easter bonnets this year so, when he saw some reduced in Sainsbury's (30p!) he bought them for next year! However he was 15 short - exactly the number on the shelf as we walked in!



Back at Mum and Dad's, I then set the tv up for them and attached their other bits n bobs (think Now tv box etc).  Why do they never make things easy?  I think that I tired poor Dad out - but at least I have left them with a working tv that is big enough for Mum to see from her chair!  I also caught a progress glance at the conservatory.  Apparently tomorrow the electrician will arrive to discuss socket placements and there is an outside chance that the glass might start to be fitted!

Now - where is that dark room?  I think I need it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment