Sunday 8 April 2018

This girl's still got it!



I woke up, this morning, to an emergency message from Sewingbuddy.  Her sister had bought an expensive "Persian dresden topper" for a quilt block but didn't have the right template for the bottom - could I help her and draft one out?  Armed with the correct measurements, and having watched the youtube clip for a "Persian Dresden", it was actually quite a simple task.  After church I scanned, printed, cut out to check and then emailed it through to Sewingbuddy.  I may be speaking too soon (it has to be made yet of course) - but it was nice to get the maths brain working again!



After that little episode, I popped out to mow the lawn for the first time this year - you know the sort of "take the tops of the clumps off" kind of cut where your mower is set as high as possible.  Having dodged the rain (it started just as I finished) it was a job that I was glad to see done.  I had planned to powerwash the patio this afternoon but those couple of rain spots persuaded me to carry on with the foundation piecing that I started yesterday.  It just felt like the kind of afternoon which required staying in (or is that just an excuse?)  It might have taken me all afternoon - but I managed to not only  finish the two houses for block 2 but I then prepared the rest of the block (tracing for the embroidery etc) and then made the spare two houses that will be used later - apparently.  I must confess to getting excited when I read that - I have done the embroidery for block three and the block needs two houses - problem solved!  Well - apart from the fact that block 3's houses are even smaller (groan!!)  ah well!

Talking about quilting (well - kind of) I came across this today - they are inviting people to design a 6 inch square to be part of a complete quilt inspired by women prisoners in Stafford prison - the completed quilt will be shown at the Festival of Quilts in August.  Well, you know how I am flirting with the notion of designing something for a show - this could be it!  You aren't guaranteed to be part of the final piece but I have signed up (and persuaded Sewingbuddy to do so - Louise, Heather and Wendy - are you game?)and we will see how it goes.  Given that I am going to the FOQ this year, it would be nice to see my square there - wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment