Friday 20 April 2018

So, who goes shopping with a ruler? Don't be shy - hands up!



This morning started well enough - but I will confess to wanting a distraction.  I had decided to tackle the WI wine bag and follow the you-tube video step by step.  All was going well, until her "normal" bottle of wine must have been smaller than mine - the only bottle that I had in the house was too big for the bag (which has a "hat" on and therefore size is important!





Just as I stopped to ponder my dilemma, Wendy called round with a  lovely bunch of tulips to congratulate me on reaching my first weight loss target - wasn't that lovely of her and Nigel?






Then mum called and I arranged to meet her and Dad at a garden centre for lunch -problem solved, I could stop off at Tesco's and get another bottle of wine - hence the ruler.  Yes I honestly did go up and down the wine aisles measuring bottles!  In the end, the bottle was the smallest that I can find.  I need to sew a button on to finish it off - just hope that they like it!






Back home, and a quick dog walk, it's nearly tea time - just where has the day gone?  I can report, however, that the knitted waistcoat is now sewn up and I am contemplating binding the seams with some lovely bias binding that Wendy got me for Christmas.  Cruisewise, I have now checked in online both ways and have been sent (and printed out) my cruise e-tickets.  I have allocated next Sunday to go through everything and check that it's all in order - but I think that we are good to go. Heck - Mum has even bought me Percy Pig sweets for the journey!!  Just got the ironing and packing to go then!

With the knitting complete - hey, I can go back to handsewing!! Life is good!  Oh, and on a totally different note, Sewingbuddy and I "tendered" for a designing job last night.  A mutual friend put us in touch with an american start up company who wants one of their products re-designed and were looking at a number of different companies to take on the task.  We probably won't be successful but it's all good experience!!

2 comments:

  1. "Job sounds fun!" Hope you have blocked your waistcoat...will make such a difference to how it hangs if you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I confess, I often took a tape measure to check the inside leg on jeans and trousers for the family over the years, oops!
    Well done with the weight loss, lovely flowers from Wendy x

    ReplyDelete