Friday 6 April 2018

It always pay to check!!

Lets start with last night (I haven't used that phrase for some time now have I?).  IT was our WI meeting and I must report that my sweet chilli drumsticks went down well - well, they all went anyway!  I was also voted onto the committee and voted as Vice President - nothing changes for this bossy boots then!!  All in all it was a good evening - I even came second overall in the competition category and was given a little prize.

This morning I could easily have rolled over and gone back to sleep - but it was 8:40am (yikes) and I had to go out to a church meeting!  The meeting was to agree what notices went into our village magazine and lasted nearly two hours - we got distracted! -after which I filled the car up with diesel and collected my prescription - you see, my day has been full of mundane activities!  It was only after lunch that it began to get interesting (if that's what you call it).  You see, it's a Scamblesby sewing day tomorrow and I had planned to start a Christmas wall hanging - just the backing before you start to add the hand sewn details.  No problem - I had cream for the centre, red check and red spots from a previous project that had been planned but not executed and some green for the tree on the centre.  So I started to hunt and found everything - except!  The red spotted fabric was missing - used, I later remembered, for the sides of my blue Ultimate Carry All bag when I ran out of the blue.  With no way of getting fabric here in time, and no wish to go on a mercy buying mission, it was back to square one - but then I remembered.  Last November I prepared two blocks of the Lynette Anderson Seaside Town to take to our Norfolk retreat (they also went to Scarborough!) so I could take them to do - who doesn't love some foundation piecing after all?



Talking about foundation piecing - have you heard the news?  There's going to be a second Splendid Sampler - I'm giddy!!!!  Come on Sewingbuddy - you've got just 6 months to finish number one!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!
    Just as I thought I was getting somewhere!
    Promise I am on the case , 4 ready to do tomorrow. That will make it over half way.

    ReplyDelete