Wednesday 11 April 2018

A very "Necessary Clutch Wallet"!!




Today was another day "off calendar" (yippee - I am loving these days!) and so I decided to tackle a pattern that I have had for several months and wanted to make - just in case it turned out well enough for the cruise.  The pattern was for something called  a "Necessary Clutch wallet" and promised to hold everything - from cash to cards / phone etc.  Of course - as ever - the cutting out and ironing on of interfacing took most of the morning - although I did then spend half an hour fitting the lock!!




Truthfully, I did know that this project would not be completed in a day and, woop woop, planned to have tomorrow as well to finish it.  However - you know what it's like - you push onto get it finished now don't you?  Am I pleased with it? - Yes.  Will I use it on the cruise? - Yes.  Would I make another? - Yes - but with some modifications and a different fixing.  Now, of course, I am now left with a different problem - what to do with a totally free day tomorrow?  Well I do believe that I owe the dogs a nice long walk - so that's my main priority!  After that?  Well, that much missed red spotty fabric arrived today so I am sure that I could make a start on the Advent Calendar!!


I also manged to pop to Appleby's and hand in my signed contract - along with a couple more Peter Rabbit knitting kits.  Although the gallery doesn't open until this weekend, it looks as if one of the original kits may have already been sold - fingers crossed!


However, the main event for me today is a visit to the cinema tonight for RSC live production of Macbeth - starring Christopher Ecclestone and Niamh Cusack.  Wendy is going with me and we are planning a cinema picnic before it starts (well - she is racing in from work and so is taking her tea with her! I really hate hearing people eat whilst the film is on!)  Let's just hope that I have enough "syns" left over for a Magnum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment