Tuesday 10 April 2018

A day of rest!

With nothing in the diary, I turned the alarm off.  The result?  I woke up at 9:05am!!!!!!!  Yikes - by the time I had showered, dressed, fed the dogs and had my breakfast, it was time for the mid morning coffee!

With nothing in the diary I had already decided to focus on some Christmas presents (only 260 days to go!!).  I have been working on aspects of them for a while so it was lovely to set aside a larger block of time to start completing them.  Clearly there are no photos - but I am happy with the progress!




I also managed to applique my March Gail Pan embroideries and cut the background down to size.  It was a "phew, just in time" moment - the next embroideries are due out at the weekend and I am trying my best to keep up!  If they are suitable, then I am planning to take the new embroideries with me on the cruise as a "mini project" - I have dreams of stitching under the sun!  Watch them come back incomplete!!




The other task for today was a continuation of this month's focus on the kitchen.  This week I want to go through every cupboard and sort / tidy / discard!!!!  Well, one cupboard at a time at any rate!  Let's face it - you empty one cupboard, create a mess and then have to find a way of getting it all back in again!  Even I can only stand so much!

Tonight?  Well, I ought to do my Spindle Cottage homework but then I will make a start on my waistcoat back - not long now to that cruise!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw some Fat Quarters in Aldi on Monday. There were various designs, there was a fair amount of yarn in there too (I didn't buy any), Cathy x
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=Fat%20quarters&category=ALL

    ReplyDelete