Sunday 11 March 2018

Summer starts here!







I guess that the weather must have read the blog yesterday and gone into holiday mode! Today has been lovely and sunny -and warm!!  Not in church, you understand (although these daffodils brightened my day!) but generally out and about - I even walked the dogs without a coat on!



With my sewing head on, I made a set of coasters to sell - things are so much quicker once everything has been cut out and sorted!  However I wanted to make the most of the weather - so I enjoyed a cuppa in the summer house (for the first time this year), swept the pathway and spent some time generally tidying outside.  Heck -I even planted out my seed potatoes using this lovely trowel that Mum gave me for Christmas and came across two potatoes that were lurking in the sol.  Since they feel firm and haven't gone green, I may even cook them for tea tonight!

Of course my main objective for today was to get ready for the Textile Group tomorrow morning - and so I sorted the outside and attached the ties - ready to tackle the plastic pocket tomorrow.  I even cut out and prepared Sewingbuddy's mystery project supplies for the forthcoming retreat - you see, a bit of sunshine works wonders for the flagging energy levels!  I will admit to tying to have 40 winks (and Daisy did curl up in her traditional "conservatory" position) but I just couldn't drop off so gave up!

 Oh, and yes - I did speak to Mum -several times!  She had visitors over for a meal and the bag I made her was being admired.  She wanted to know where she could get another kit.  Apparently I don't have anything to do tomorrow so can I ring the shop?  That's my mother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment