Tuesday 6 March 2018

Runner up!

Apologies for not posting yesterday - I was on my way home when Mum phoned me and asked me to call in (well, she was offering some kippers for breakfast this morning so I wasn't going to say no - now was I?)  Long story short - I was late getting home - hence the "no post".  However, Monday was the usual routine - Textile Group followed by Slimming world.  I did do a detour in-between to the car wash - the queue was longer than I have ever seen and a 10 minute visit turned int nearly an hour!  However, when I got to Slimming World I lost half a pound!  Ah well, better off than on and I can honestly say that last week was 100% perfect.  But then came some good news.  Throughout the year, there are different "competitions" and yesterday "The Biggest loser" was crowned in each group - clearly Paul, the young man I have mentioned before, was always going to win it (He is 1lb off his 13 stone award!) However I was runner up -wowee!  The consultant also said that, out of her 350 members, I was 14th!  Not too shabby then! With just 9 weeks until the cruise I would really love to lost another 16 1/2 pounds - a strange number I know but it means something to me!  I have got a weekend away in a couple of weeks but I am still hopeful.

This morning should have been the WI walk - but it was cancelled - so I found myself with some unexpected time.  How did I fill it?  Well, I am not too sure but suddenly it was 11 am and nearly half the day had gone!  All I had done was enjoy my breakfast of smoked kipper, mushrooms and poached eggs - courtesy of mum and Jenny ( a WI friend who, periodically, leaves me 6 eggs on my door step - the eggs are fantastic!)  With spare time on my hands, Daisy and I went round to Jean's for a cuppa and to deliver her Slimming World bars - she couldn't come yesterday as she was taking her neighbour to a hospital appointment.


 


Once back home, and re-fuelled, it was onto those tiny tasks that take the time up - like buying the frames for the textile's group next project, hoovering and dusting the lounge and finishing the Gail Pan's February stitcheries - they are now appliqued and the background cut to size.  Since the next instalment is due next Wednesday, I have made it - just in time - phew!





Now that the post has resumed, I also "blinged" up my sewing machine.  Now, before I get howls of despair from my sewing friends, my craft room can get quite dim in the evening and I saw this idea to brighten up the sewing space so thought that i would give it a try.  The lights come with a remote control that would give you a disco scenario - but I think i will let that one go.  I haven't tried to sew with them on yet - so time will tell whether they stay!


Talking about making decisions - several sets of clothing arrived, have been tried on and returned!  The only one that has made the cut is the tropical kimono for the cruise - that's one evening sorted then!  Remember that blue dress for the Tuscany wedding?  I have had curtains thinner that that!







This evening, I am hoping to finish the patchwork for the Lynnette Anderson spool holder so that I can move on to making the darned thing!  Thank goodness for thimbleits is all I can say!



Tomorrow I am spending the day at Skegness at a WI annual meeting - the guest speaker is Phillipa Langley who discovered Richard 111 so I just had to go along and listen to her!  So, once again, their will be no post - sorry!  By the time I get home, it will be time to turn around and go to Pilates!






1 comment:

  1. I'm out of breath just reading that! Well done on the achievement at SW

    ReplyDelete