Sunday 4 March 2018

Normal service is resumed!

As I anticipated / hoped for, I woke up to a grey and drizzly day - but, most importantly, no snow!! Yippee!  I could finally get out and walk the dogs - they really appreciated stretching their legs - although I will leave it another day or two before heading down to the beach - there may well be far more snow lingering down there still with all the drifts etc! 


Workwise, today was more of the same - church paperwork (it's accounts time so it was matching receipts to payments - always my least favourite task but one that, fortunately, I can put to bed now!), work on the much mentioned, but never seen Christmas presents and preparation for tomorrow's Textile Group.  This included planning and printing out the schedule for next term - ready for collating and stapling - and some more hand sewing of my hexagons.  As I may have mentioned, we are currently making the Lynnette Anderson spool holder for embroidery threads.  Since I have already made the original - complete with embroidery, I am now going for an EPP version - using a charm pack that I won last year at the workshop.  Up until recently I have just worked on it at the Textile Group - but last night I focused and it is coming on.  I need three rectangles and now have two finished - the second one was completed in front of a recorded Midsomer Murder episode this afternoon (the one where someone gets killed by a block of cheese - where do they get their ideas from?)

Talking about last night - did anyone see Ant and Dec's "Saturday Night takeaway"?  Their finale was "Bring me sunshine" sung by Michael Ball and Alfie Boe - complete with Ant and Dec plus a variety of guests - pure bliss!  I wonder if I could get that version as my ring tone?



No comments:

Post a Comment