Friday 9 March 2018

Mother's day - with a difference

Today, my plan was to go up to Mum and Dad's and go out for lunch to celebrate Mother's Day (They are having friends round on Sunday).  On the way I picked up some gammon joints for her (then had to head back home to collect the present that I had forgotten!) and then popped into Cleethorpes to return the clothes that weren't suitable and to buy some knitting needles (I didn't have any large enough!).  Mission accomplished, I arrived - just in time for a morning cuppa - result!





The conservatory is going well - today they are finishing the brick wall and are bordering up the back door so that it will, eventually, look like it had never been there!  Of course Mum being Mum -she chatted the door man up and, hey presto, he swapped the good lock in the back door with the dodgy lock in the front door - saving who knows what in costs!









The present went down well - it was a "pineapple bag with religious quotes on each of the external pockets - and came complete with a box of assorted lindt chocolates - I can personally recommend the "strawberries and cream"!!






We then set off for lunch - only to find that our first two choices were packed put and no parking spaces to be had!  Our third choice then had a limited menu and so Mum and Dad ended up with a large Yorkshire filled with mince.  They said it was nice though - I had the old standby - jacket potato and beans!









After a wander around the garden centre, I was taken with this lovely sheep for the garden!  She reminded me of a school teacher - must be the glasses!  Mind you there was a lovely mouse / cow / pig in the range so there may be more members of that family joining me yet!  I also picked up my free primrose from an email promotion.







Back at Mums for a coffee and I left with this lovely cherry plant for the patio.  The picture is from the catalogue - there's a long way before my pile of twigs looks like that but a girl can hope can't she?  Ah well - at least I can get started with the knitting tonight!  Let's hope that it's as quick as Happymum says it will be!.






1 comment: