Monday 12 March 2018

Happy International Nap Day x

I woke up to pouring rain and it is, quite frankly, freezing!  I guess that I spoke too soon yesterday!  Thank goodness I didn't swap the summer and winter duvet over yet!

This morning was the usual Textiles Group - I was attempting to finish my Lynette Anderson Spool holder - it is the second one that I have - and needed since I now have more threads than storage sections.  As it went, I clearly learnt from my first attempt and this one went well - once I had finished the handsewing of the cover.  In fact, this morning, I managed to sew the binding on, sew the plastic pockets in place, sew the dividing lines to create the pockets and then sew the binding in place -et voila!  Just one problem - I have a number of threads to wind onto the spools and fear that a third holder may yet be needed!! Help!

This afternoon, it was, of course, off to Slimming World and the weekly weigh in.  This afternoon was more poignant since we said goodbye to Paul who was going into hospital to have yet another tumour removed - and we gave him his bag as a present from us all (remember that toiletry bag?)  Well it was well received and I was pleased that we had something to give him - he hs promised to return once he is given permission to do so (he has to have a pulped diet for so many weeks).  So - how did I do?  Well, amazingly, I lost 4 lbs - it just goes to show that my efforts this week were worth it.  I even got slimmer of the week!!

Tonight I am off to the local theatre to watch "Hi-De-Hi" - hopefully it will be a good laugh!  I might even enjoy an ice cream as a treat.



3 comments:

  1. Well done, you deserve an ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab, about time your efforts were successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for you
    I am trying to limit sweets well eliminate and now carrots 🥕 taste very sweet

    ReplyDelete