Wednesday 21 March 2018

Blowing away the cobwebs

This morning, I awoke to glorious sunshine.  Just the ticket for our WI walk.  We had planned to walk around Covenham reservoir - around 3 miles.  Sadly the gate was closed and so we had to climb the mountain  of steps - no problem for this fit lassie!  The stile did prove challenging for some - but soon we were off.  The walk is fenced in both sides and so the dogs were able to run freely - Daisy loved it - bombing between the various groups.  the sunshine on the clear blue, lapping water was just a magical tonic!  Bring on the summer!

On the way home, we stopped off at Appleby's for a coffee - and were treated to an update viewing of their craft gallery  plus a tour of the ice cream factory!  The gallery is really showing some potential - I have now contacted the owner (she wasn't here) to firm up the arrangements for my "makes".




Back home and, I will confess, a long sit down with lunch - the dogs were shattered (can you just make out Daisy asleep at my feet?) - followed by more sewing retreat prep - I am now up to three bags plus the suitcase - with at least one more to come!  (Sorry Wendy!)  However there was time to tackle one of the prepped projects -some mini tote bags which will house a knitting kit for beginners which Happymum has supplied.  I don't have many children's fabrics at home but came across these in my stash and so put them to good use!

Tonight it's off to pilates - I will enjoy it when I am there but ................

2 comments:

  1. It certainly was a lovely day! Cant beat a walk by the sea. Totes looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a reservoir - but it felt like the sea!

      Delete