Tuesday 6 February 2018

What's a girl to do........




.... when she wakes up at 4:15am and can't get back to sleep?  Why, get up of course and clean the dishwasher!  Well, it made sense to me!  The early start also meant that I have made some progress on my Gail Pan wall hanging (yes - that's the one - the one that I was going to finish this Christmas and then got side tracked when I went wrong!  This morning I finished adding the border and am heading towards layering it up ready to quilt.  I had forgotten how big it is!




After my bout of domesticity -which also entailed getting the hoover out - it was off to Carine's to discuss our entry for the Lincolnshire Show.  The theme is "All the fun of the fair" and must include a floral arrangement, a craft item and a cookery item.  I think that we have decided on a theme and I have some bunting (yep, more bunting) to make before we meet again in April.  I know that the show seems a long way away - it's in June - but we have been caught out before and I have had to make a second craft item at the last minute when the scale just wasn't right.



After popping home for lunch and to pick up the dogs, it was then off out again to Mum and Dad's.  We had allocated this afternoon to sort out their travel insurance for my nephew's wedding in the summer.  Mum had also asked if I could buy a fan when I go on holiday in May - so Mr Amazon delivered one to me yesterday!  Mum wants it to go with her wedding outfit!

Back home again and, I must admit, I am wilting now and heading for an early night.  However I need to get my bag packed -and check that I have the tickets in my bag for the hundredth time.  I'm off to see Strictly live tomorrow !!!!  Uber excited!

1 comment:

  1. So frustrating when you cant get back to sleep...but always good to have some extra hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete