Friday 23 February 2018

"Meet and greet"

Today I went to the groomers with daisy left her there to be groomed and returned an hour later to a pristine young lady.  It's trouble free, she does a god job and Daisy has been used to it since being a puppy so she doesn't mind it.  I wish that I could say the same for my Dad's dog - Maisie.  Maisie is a border collie and has a fantastic life - with a 45 mins walk every morning (come wind, rain or shine) and loads of treats.  the only thing that Dad is squeamish about is brushing her and removing the matted clumps that form.  Hence, today, I took Maisie to a groomer for the first time for a "meet and greet" before they commit to grooming her.  I have to say that Maisie coped well, but they were a little horrified at some of the clumps they saw and have already removed them.  Needless to say - I have booked her in for the full works (the earliest data available is 27th March - must be a good sign if they are fully booked!).  It was a tad embarrassing(!!!!!) but I am hoping that this becomes a regular occurrence so that we don't have this problem in the future.


Taking Maisie back to Mum's, Dad had found some school reports of mine - which, again, could be a tad embarrassing.I like the one when I am 7 - apparently I am a "confident, capable child who gets on well with the other children in the class" yet, apparently, one year into the grammar school I have "gained much in confidence" - I always said that the grammar school affected my confidence!  However I do recognise myself in the comment "Lynda must try to work a little faster" (Needlework) or "Practical work causes some problems" (Home Economics).  Some things never change - do they?

Tonight it's the monthly book club meeting where we are discussing the book "Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine" by Gail Honeyman - let's just say that I loved it and can recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment