Tuesday 9 January 2018

What to do with a day at home?

Well, its a problem now isn't it?  Jean and I had planned to go to the pictures today (we will see the new Hugh Jackman film at some point!!) but, with her being poorly, we put it off for another week.  Instead I sorted out my fabric preparation for a day's sewing at Belchford tomorrow - Sewingbuddy and I are forging ahead (well, at a snail's pace of course) with THE bag that we were working on at the weekend.

This time we are starting to work on the outside and so, after Sewingbuddy had a good idea, I embroidered another panel so that the front and back have a pocket - I thought that the sentiment was quite apt for me!

Once the prep was done - as far as I could - it was then time to do a quick tidy up before heading out with the dogs.  I don't know about you but its very overcast and grey here - and quite mucky under foot - but its nice to get some fresh air before sorting out and finishing off the pile of ironing that has been staring a me!



Back home, and with the soup maker on (I really love the soup maker - it's so easy!!), it was time to treat the shower screen and remove the limescale before fitting the new seal that I talked about previously.  I certainly know how to live now don't I?  However I get a stupid amount of satisfaction sorting out the small jobs and, of course, I have to go upstairs inbetween each job (at some point the dogs will stop following me and realise that they are not missing out on anything!)

Finally i thought that I deserved a sit down and settled to finishing the patchwork side of the mouse pin cushion that I started at the Textile Group yesterday.  Ever since I was shown the gluing method of attaching my papers to my fabric, EPP has been revolutionised and I love the sewing together of hexagons - even more so since I use a single strand of bottom line thread and can hardly see my joining stitches now!

So, all in all, a day that would have consisted of a film and breakfast "out" has ended up being quite productive -I have lunches made for the week (soup), fabric prepped for tomorrow and 1/4 of the mouse pincushion finished - as well as sorting out the house and running walking up and down stairs 22 times - not too shabby !


1 comment:

  1. I love those kinds of days too...well dog walking aside!!

    ReplyDelete