Saturday 13 January 2018

Starting another New Year's Resolution

Today started with some fabric cutting and preparation (plus bed stripping) - before heading off to Mum and Dad's.  We have developed a routine where they "book" me in to do a particular job (which is then sometimes changed when I get there!).  Today's task was to help re-sort the kitchen cupboards.  You know what it's ;like - you don't really know where you want to put everything until you have lived in a house for a while.  So today we sorted the different cupboards out so that everywhere has a logical place. I started with the corner cupboard where Mum stores her cake decorating equipment - but can't reach because it's too high.   Instead we have put cake tins that are hardly used but she doesn't want to throw away!

Of course  I took both of the dogs - and they caused chaos for half an hour before they all settled down - bored by our efforts.

After lunch, and an unsuccessful attempt to link their internet with the TV, it was time to come home -where has today gone?  My aim, today, is to cook January's recipe from the Slimming World calendar.  It is one of my resolutions to cook every meal in the calendar - and today is a chicken and mushroom pie!

So, all that is left to do is to remake the bed, sort out the vegetables for tea, feed the dogs and then settle down for some more Gail Pan sewing.  Apparently you will need about a metre of blue fabric to complement the sewing.  I have so much blue fabric that I am going to use my stash - now, aren't I being good?  Well, I need to cut back a little - another clothes package came today fro the cruise - this time a lovely new swimming costume!  Th posh dress has arrived and looks fab - well, it will do when it zips up! - and I have two black dresses on order for the "black and white" evening (I couldn't decided which one without trying them both on!).  Next week I am going to get the large suitcase out for the loft and investigate whether there is any suitable clothing in it before I strat to think about tops.


2 comments:

  1. How nice to buy new clothes,
    Well done
    Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I saved for (too many years) the clothes I wore and loved before my current weight about 6 sizes different between them
    Hmm 6 sizes does sound like much but I can't pull a pair of pants (old size) past my knees.
    I am trying well I did do quite well at weight loss then I didn't and now I am back to where I started I need to loose 1/2 of me to wear those now very old clothes
    I can do it I was that size happily for many years

    ReplyDelete