Tuesday 16 January 2018

Learning to be adaptable!

I had today all planned out - you know how much I love my lists.  First up was a visit to ASDA to both do the weekly shop and send the dress back, then it was on to a local newsagent to drop off a "my hermes" parcel, followed by a car wash (outside - it was disgusting!)  On my way home I had the rest of the day planned out - put the shopping away, walk the dogs (it was a lovely cold sunny wintery day at that point), sort the sides out for THE bag so that I can finish it tomorrow and then cut out a Christmas gift to take with me as a spare project should I finish early. In other words - a day of getting organised.  About ten minutes from home, Mum range me "Where are you", I told her - to be met with "can you turn around and come here?"   After ascertaining that it wasn't an emergency, I arranged to go home, put the shopping away and then head back to them.

It turned out that they had been sofa hunting yesterday and had narrowed the choices down to three - could I come with them and give my opinion.  I won't divulge all of the secrets - "what goes on in Ronnie Ramsdens stays in Ronnie Ramsdens" and all that - but, suffice to say, they left the shop spending nearly double what they had expected to do and an extra chair than they had anticipated - but boy do I have chair envy!!  Mum did manage to get the 20% sale discount, plus another £100 off the price - but it needed four people to complete the appropriate online order form!!  By now it was nearly 3pm and so "lunch" consisted of a cuppa plus a sliver of Mum's Russian Slice - it was yummy though!


So, I now find myself approaching 5pm and with the sides still ahead of me before I can settle for the night! Tea will be the lunch that has been defrosting (Cromer crab and toast) and the planned dinner tonight will be held over until tomorrow.  However, before I go Happymum asked for pictures of the evening dresses I have talked about - well here are two of them (the pink one that I discovered yesterday is still upstairs!) - when Dad saw them he commented that they made me look slim - I had to point out that these were being modelled - bless!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh thanks, I do love to see a pretty dress! If wearing those dresses made me look that slim I would be off to order one for each day of the week!! What is Russian slice? Recliner chairs are BLISS!!! (as are recliner sofas!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have electric recliner armchairs, wonderful! My feet always hang over the edge tho, lol.

    ReplyDelete