Monday 1 January 2018

Hiking boots on ....... off we go!

After a lie in, today was the day - up and out -ready to go -the top of Mount Everest we come!  The first couple of flights was fairly easy - I have to walk up a flight out of the car park at the beach - so a dog walk later (brr it was cold at that time of morning), the dogs were put back into the car and I walked up the stairs a second time - pretended to look around and then came back to the car - we were off and running with two flights under my belt - a mere 3869 to go!! 



I had decided that today was the day to take the Christmas decorations down - what a shame, they are all stored upstairs - so that racked up some more flights.  However Wendy and Nigel stopped me in my tracks - they popped round for a cuppa and a catch up - well, its an excuse for a sit down now isn't it?  Us mountaineers need to conserve our energy!







Refreshed, and back on track, it was more "un-decorating the house" before it was time to go to Slimming World to face the music (the class is being held upstairs today - how ironic?).  Truthfully, I ate what I liked for the first three days of this week, ate carefully the next 3 and then had some treats on Saturday at my brothers.  I knew that I would probably gain weight (the last weigh in was in the morning and this one is in the afternoon so that would contribute something) but was hoping to limit it to 2 lbs.  Boy was I chuffed when I stepped on the scale - a 2lbs gain - bang on track!!  One lady put 10 1/2 lbs on - that so easily could have been me in the past!  Of more cause for celebration, however, is that Jean reached her target weight today.  True - she did it the hard way - she has been poorly over Christmas and has eaten hardly anything (and therefore lost 5 1/2lbs!) - but I am really pleased for her!




Back home, I was oping for a quiet night in - but walked in and was faced with this!  Somehow, the dogs had opened the cupboard in the kitchen and gone mad.  As far as I can see, they haven't eaten anything - but what a mess!





So, with tea cooking and another 7 sets of stairs climbed, I can report that today's target of 22 stair climbs has been achieved - we are off and running!  Now where is that soft chair to sit on?

On a similar note, I forgot to say that my medal for walking 1000 miles in 2017 has arrived!

2 comments:

  1. Well done 2lb is not bad.
    Now get back on track , good luck.

    ReplyDelete