Thursday 4 January 2018

Another job ticked off

Tonight is our monthly WI meeting so many of my tasks today were related - wrapping birthday gifts and sorting out raffle prizes - plus cutting, plating and covering my cake of course.

However, in between these tasks, I attended a church meeting (normally it would last around 2 hours but few people came so we got through the business in a record breaking 35 minutes), picked up a prescription and finally completed the loft tidying!  I didn't dare show you the before picture - but will now, along with the after.  Put it this way - there are a lot of cardboard boxes to be taken away next Tuesday when the recycling bin is collected!  I should also add that I have to crawl under the beam that you can see to get into the loft so it's not a place that I go to very often!

Whilst I was in the loft, I came across two pairs of jeans and a cardigan that I can now / will soon fit into - result - they are in the wash as we speak!  There is also a full suitcase which needs to be investigated to see if there are further treasures!

Job done, and approaching half way on the stair climbing, and it was time to start the mammoth cutting out for the bag we are making at the weekend (or, more likely, starting to make).  Cutting out is not my favourite task - so it was nice to have the old faithful "Midsomer Murders " to keep me company.  After a catch-up with Sewingbuddy, I managed to get the first two steps cut up and packaged - more to do tomorrow!!  This is one complicated bag!!

As I said at the beginning, tonight is WI where we are looking at "Speaking Out" - some people are frightened of speaking in public, and its not my favourite hobby, but its something that does get easier the more that you do it. 



2 comments:

  1. As much as I love my attic conversion...I miss having somewhere to dump stuff!

    ReplyDelete