Monday 11 December 2017

What's the saying - more haste, less speed?

Oh how you will all laugh at this!!!  Guess what I have done?  I sat down last night, ready to hand quilt my advent project that has already taken far too long to do - only to remember (before I started the quilting thank goodness) that it still needs several strips as borders - duh!!  So, at some point today or tomorrow, that will be my next task (as well as cutting another piece of wadding and another back piece!!!!)

Anyway, on to today and my normal Monday routine.  Kicking off this morning was the Textile group - our penultimate meeting before Christmas.  We were all doing our own thing - I had a couple of shoebox gifts to do (so no pictures) but brought my sewing class embroidery to do just in case I finished early.

Once home, it was a quick flash round the house to keep the wolves from the door, before heading out again to Slimming World.  Paula admitted on Thursday night that she had given up, which is a real shame, so it was just Jean and I today.  Jean needed to lose 4lbs to get to target and I needed 1lb to get my 4 stone award and, therefore, mark the 4 1/2 stone loss mark.  Need we have worried - no, of course not!  Jean lost 1 1/2 lbs to get her 1 1/2 stone award and I lost 2 lbs so got my new shiny certificate.  We keep chipping away at it - I now have 6lbs to go to lose 5 stone in total.  Now, wouldn't that make a nice Christmas present?





On our way home, we say Santa on his sleigh, driving past us -what a way to celebrate!  My advent presents today was some lovely thread heaven from Wendy and a useful paperweight (pen and rubbers) from Phil and Chris.  So - today is officially a great day!




2 comments: