Tuesday 5 December 2017

The present "goes home"

Let's start with last night.  As "I'm a celebrity" finished at 10:30pm, so the final stitch was made in yesterdays advent sewing - phew - that's row 4 done then.  Looking through the pack, I have a few stitches left to do on a big piece of stitchery but have no idea where the rows 1 - 3 are so may have to redo them!  Today's stitchery is a small piece of machine sewing plus 5 yo-yo's.  I have found a bag of yo-yo's and just need to check that they were made with the same fabric as I have obviously chosen for the project (I did have another yo-you cushion on the go so it may have been from there! )  Phil and Chris' advent present today was a pair of bones for the dogs -a lovely thought!




Today started early (nothing to do with Daisy deciding that it was time to get up of course!) and, after the normal ablutions, resulted in taking Maisie back to Mum and Dad's (they had been away for the weekend visiting Devon and old friends).  Since I already had a present for Mum lined up, I decided to give her the wall hanging that she asked me for so that she could put it up with her decorations - there's no point giving it to her just as you are taking the decorations down - you would have to wait another 11 months to use it!  I am normally my worst critic but, as I have mentioned several times, I REALLY didn't want to give this one away - it's fab!  However I just knew, by looking at her face when she saw it, that Mum would really appreciate it an take care of it.  the hanging couldn't have gone to a better home!




Next up was a visit to Tesco's (how exciting!) and a brief pop into a local garden centre for my free roll of wrapping paper (don't knock it!) -before heading home, walking the dogs and then settling down for the afternoon.  When we met up last week, Trisha recommended a new TV series "The White Princess" which starts at The Battle of Bosworth.  I found the series and  started to record it - only to find that I had missed episodes 1 - 4.  This afternoon, I sourced them on Amazon and paid the £1.89 per episode to catch up - it was worth the expense and very self indulgent!  Thank you Trisha for the heads up!

With the programme running in the background, I wrapped Jean's birthday presents, tidied the craft room desk up and wrapped a couple more Christmas presents.  Nothing too strenuous but a very laid back afternoon!  With just the statutory 30 minutes tidying the bedroom, my work here is done!





1 comment:

  1. Stunning piece of work...well done, and you can still enjoy it at your mums :)

    ReplyDelete