Monday 4 December 2017

Starting to finish a UFO - only two years late!!

Today, being day 4 of the advent calendar, revealed a  lovely magnetic book mark from Phil and Chris plus a mysterious envelope that just said "Row 4 : flower stitchery strip".  You may recall that I am trying to complete a Gail Pan wall hanging - started 2 years ago as an advent present (each day completing another component) and which got put to one side when I ran out of time. Well, I may have to do some thinking to see how far I've got - but I can start to complete the remaining envelopes - starting with today!  Cue some preparation with stabiliser on the back and the tracing of the pattern -  guess that this is my homework tonight then?  Good job that I finally finished the last present this morning at Textile Group then eh?





Elsewhere at The Textile Group - Carine was hand sewing her delicate birds and branches onto her lamp shade,





Jean was battling with her zip on her sew together bag,










whilst Linda was tracing more flowers for her lampshade.







Back home, and it was sorting out some admin plus half an hour in the bedroom (continuing with the sorting and de-cluttering - I am planning a trip to the tip on Friday!), before heading off to Slimming World.  It was a treat to be driven by Jean today (I usually drive) and helped me to keep my fingers crossed that I pushed through that wretched stone barrier.   When I heard that Paula had enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea on Thursday on the WI trip, I felt very virtuous about my own choices in Leeds - I am even counting the syns on my chocolate from the advent calendar for goodness sake - so I really hoped that it had all worked!  I needn't have worried - with a 2 1/2lb loss, I plummeted through the barrier and am now only 1lb away from my 4 stone award (which would make my running total 4 1/2 stone - guess what my target is next week?


2 comments: