Sunday 31 December 2017

New Year Resolutions

Hi everyone -sorry for being so quiet for the last few days.  They have been spent away at Mum and Dad's having a family Christmas.  You know the sort - lots of laughter, presents and chaos.  9 adults and 5 dogs in, essentially, a three bedroom house!  My cousin and her daughter braved the cold for two nights and slept in the summer house.  They did well - but getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom was a step too far and she declared that it was the turn of the men for the last two nights!


Meanwhile I was sleeping in a  kitchen ante room - with my two dogs.  When I heard that my cousin's husband, with his hacking cough, was due to sleep outside, I relented and came home for the night - it made more senses that everyone was warm now doesn't it?




We were spoiled for presents - it seemed that we were continually opening presents every day!  However I should also add that we are fond of "new ideas" so my brother, inspired by "Dobbo's Challenge" for Scamblesby, devised another present idea for next year.  As we sat down to lunch yesterday, we were informed that we need to provide a present (made / bought) that was inspired by our napkin!!  My one was white and gold so I am getting my thinking hat on again!  At least we only have to find one this time - along with a cracker for someone (I picked Mum out of the hat) and a shoebox each next year - oh and our annual £3 challenge buy when we go out for the afternoon!!  We don't believe in making our lives difficult now do we?





Yesterday the festivities ended with a meal around at another brother's.  His whole family had laid on a feast and we had a great time playing "Linkee" in between the courses!  It was lovely to see so many there!





So, now it's back to normality - I have been shopping at Tesco's today (chicken thighs bargain - £3.50 down to 88p - three packs bought!!) and dropped some shopping off at Mum's on my way back through.  The house has been sorted from how I left it and the big decoration removal starts tomorrow.  In terms of New Year's Resolutions, I like the idea of saying what you want to achieve by the end of the year.  There again - you know mine - to "climb Mount Everest" and to lose weight (reaching a total of 10 stone would be fab!!).

Meanwhile I now need to sit down and draw up my list of presents to make and give next year - only 358 days to go!!  This afternoon has been spent starting on present 1 - whilst watching a re-run of Bedknobs and Broomsticks - I was only 11 when I saw that at the cinema!!



1 comment:

  1. We were all thoroughly spoilt weren't we, and so good to see so many family members. Thank you again for being a knightess in shining armour and letting Hubby keep his bed!

    ReplyDelete