Saturday 9 December 2017

Making progress - at last!

Now, never one to be accused of exaggerating but ... last night was a momentous occasion - one to mark down in your diary!  Perhaps even a time to let off your left over fireworks!    I finally finished block one of Seaside Town - Lynette Anderson's 2017 block of the month.  True - we only have 21 days left of 2017 but, hey, I'm playing catch up!!  Truthfully, when this started, I hadn't finished her 2016 BOM band I decided to wait until it was completed before starting another project but ......  At this point I don't know whether I will sign up for the 2018 BOM (if there is one) unless it is something that I just can't ignore(!!) but I will confess to signing up for Gail Pan's stitchery club in 2018 -somehow that hand sewing is so much easier to complete since it's evening work in front of the TV.



As if that excitement wasn't enough - this morning was the last row in the Advent calendar -a simple 5 squares to sew together.  I did that -and then joined the rest of the rows together - it's looking good.  I now have to go back and redo rows 1 and two - another set of 5 squares, 2 strips and one strip of hand sewing - so I have prepared these for tonight.





Truthfully, preparation was the name of the game this morning - I also set to and prepped the penultimate Scamblesby block -again with hand sewing tonight in mind, as well as a slow cooker sausage casserole ready for tea tonight.  Why all this preparation?  Well I normally help out at the theatre, as you know, in the evening, but today we are doing a matinee.  I am also taking the opportunity of being in Louth to pop into the local tip to take some of the "stuff" that has been lurking in the bedroom and utility room.  It's amazing how much space you seem to have once the "stuff" has gone!  I should add that some "stuff" has been "recycled" through our Facebook freely given site - this is just "stuff" that cant be given away.  the tip has a fantastic recycling record so I don't feel guilty taking it there.



Back home and it's feet up, Sausage Casserole and mash for tea in front of Strictly and "I'm a Celebrity" - with some handsewing to keep me company and the dogs curled up in front of the fire -domestic bliss!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your evening , sounds like bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hoisting up the flag for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for you I do enjoy reading your blog thank you for sharing your life with me and of course the others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen - its hardly an exciting life but I like it!

      Delete