Friday 8 December 2017

I've given up!!

You may recall that I have been battling with the computerised system that HMRC runs.  All I want to do is to claim some gift aid for the church but, unfortunately, the system does not compute - links to "I've forgotten password" don't work, telephone enquiries say if all else fails -set up a new account - so I try to - only to find that the charity number is already registered so you can't - and so my tale of woe goes on.  Today I found a link to a request for a paper copy - let's see if my request yields results!  I know that it will take longer to complete - but not longer than all of my computerised efforts are taking!!  Sometimes the old ways are the best after all.

You may have gathered that today is another "stay at home -get everything done "day - I love these days!  First up was the finishing of the seaside Town block one patchwork squares.  A strange first task I grant you - but the machine was set up and I just had two left to do so ........  So there's just a little bit of applique and embroidery that should be finished tonight -and then I can sign block one ff as finished!

After cleaning the hoover of the template plastic (now how many of you can claim that one?) that was blocking it, I finished the deep clean of the bedroom - the bed has been moved and various strange items removed (Daisy eh?)



With a load of washing on, I then moved on to a general hoover and tidy around before moving towards my main objective for the day - the sewing and quilting of the nativity panel that I bought at the retreat -seriously, Christmas will be over if I don't move quicker on this one!  I decided to use a simple "bagging out" technique ad some simple quilting.  This is not going to be an heirloom after all and this is definitely one case of "finished is better than perfect"!




With the dogs walked in this lovely (but very cold) December sunshine (we have avoided the snow so far although it is forecast to hit us on Sunday which should make the Christingle magical / interesting) there was just time to load the car with items to take to the tip tomorrow before calling it a day, lighting the fire and hunkering down.  The joy of a day spent completing your list of jobs, at your own pace or course,  is a very satisfying joy!

Oh - and the advent presents today was some lovely craft tape from Phil and Chris and Row 8 of my sewing - two strips of fabric and a central cream strip that should be embroidered with a vine tonight.  This is certainly keeping me busy!

1 comment: