Tuesday 12 December 2017

Domestic Drudgery - it's bliss!




After the excitement of yesterday, its back to basics today.  There is a hard frost outside and it's REALLY cold - cue another saucepan of soup making on the go - ham hock broth again - more portions for the freezer!  I will admit to having a bowl mid morning -well, its better than snacking on chocolate and mince pies now isn't it?



With time to give every where a good hoover and airing (yes I did open the lounge windows but shut the door to keep the rest of the house warm!!), the bed was stripped, aired and bedding washed - don't you just love the smell of freshly laundered bedding (I read once that royalty have that every night!).

Next on the agenda was some ironing (and putting away) before (yes, you knew that this was coming now didn't you?) starting to sort out fabric for my trip to Belchford tomorrow.  Sewingbuddy and I are going to attempt a new (well to us) bag - a retreat bag with a strange opening.  The decision re fabric took AGES!!  Well, I had to get some crafting in there somewhere now didn't I?

Jean called in on her way home from shopping to pick up her passport form -I have now completed two for her since she didn't send it off within the 4 week window after signing it last time (lesson for everyone there!) - and so I took the opportunity for a break.  I lit the fire and settled down for an afternoon of Christmas present wrapping - and,maybe, just maybe, 40 winks!!




Today's advent presents were an appropriate saying from Phil and Chris and a lovely glass angle Christmas tree decoration from Wendy - how lucky am I to get these sort of presents every morning?




With bags packed ready for tomorrow and the Shepherds pie cooking for tea tonight, I just had time to sort the fridge out and wash the kitchen floor before settling down for the evening.  I live such a hard life - don't I?


1 comment: