Wednesday 20 December 2017

Another day, another bag

Last night I had an unexpected treat -I sat and embroidered through The Royal Variety Performance.   Sometimes it has not been worth watching but I really enjoyed last night's efforts and would praise Prince William for entering into the spirit - "Such Fun"!  Of course it also helped having Michael Ball on the cast list and them singing "Bring me sunshine" - I am easily pleased.

 Today was the second "Belchford Wednesday" of the month and so Sewingbuddy and I were aiming to make the same bag that we did last week - but with handles and a tonal bottom fabric  We had found a video on you tube and tried to follow the instructions.  Sewingbuddy had even made us a template each to help our efforts.  I will confess to becoming a little obsessed with this bag and keep seeing different variations that I want to try - taller, zipped pockets, internal dividers, mesh pockets - you name it!!  Thank goodness that Facebook has a "save post" function!

By the time I got home, it was getting dark so it was a quick walk followed by heating up the shepherds pie made with leftovers from last night's tea and settling down with the embroidery.  I am currently working on the large embroidered panel that goes all the way around my sewingbox - my deadline is the fourth Wednesday in January but, when I tell you that the house and smoke took all last night, that deadline is going to come around far too fast!

3 comments:

  1. You and your deadlines! Lovely bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the USA our English language and your British English language have words that are used to mean different things
    1. Dads lodge (?) I don't know what this
    2. Tea (?) breakfast meal in morning upon getting up and going about your day
    Lunch mid day meal
    Dinner last meal of the day after work before bed possibly a snack later

    Is tea between lunch and dinner? Or a term for an early dinner my husband and I are old our neighbors tell us we eat at old people's dinner time 4:30-5 they eat at 6-6:30 we go to bed earlier them later
    Thanks I love your blog
    ❤️👵🏻😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colleen - we do tend to use the term "Tea" t cover a multitude of things - including the drink of course. In this context I really should have used the term "dinner" to make it clearer. Dad's lodge is the nickname that we have given to Mum and Dad's new summerhouse - it sounds grand doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete