Monday 18 December 2017

24 miles to go ..........

After a fantastic night's sleep (well, those sleepless nights have to catch up with you sometime now don't they?) one of my first tasks was to update my miles tracker for last week - you may recall that it was my new Year's resolution to walk 1000 miles this year.  Well, drum roll please, my current total is 976.42 miles - with 14 days of December to go - it's looking hopeful!!  So, I hear you cry, what's your challenge for next year?  Well, my aim is to climb Mount Everest by the end of June!  Oh, okay, maybe not the actual mountain you understand - but the equivalent number of flights of stairs.  It's quite an ambitious challenge, and may take me longer than 6 months, but you have to climb 3871 flights of stairs in that time (or an average of just over 22  every day - oops , now THAT is a challenge!)  It is also a challenge that I couldn't have thought of doing before I started to lose weight - so, anyone going to join me?  If you want to then let me know and I will send you a spreadsheet that I have set up.  Our first milestone is the top of the millenium dome (a mere 21 flights), closely followed by the top of the Sydney Opera House (28 flights!)  That's New Years Day and January 2nd sorted then!  You can find out more information here.


Today, being a Monday, should have had its own usual rhythm.  First up was supposed to be Textile Group - our last meeting before Christmas and we were depleted - Carine and Linda had gone with the Primary School to the Pantomime.  That just left Ev, Jean and I to chew the fat and try to finish our current projects - but Jean's car had broken down so she couldn't make it.  In the end we cancelled and I took the opportunity to sort the house out - before sewing at home.  I am making a couple of notebook covers for me (not often I say that now is it?) and am using the selvages from the fabric (the bits that you normally cut off) to create my outer fabric.  In order to complete the project I need some interfacing so popped into Boyes on the way to Slimming World.




With some spare time on my hands, I also set to cutting out the fabric I need for Wednesday (Belchford) and watching the video again about how to fit handles on my bag to "bling" it up!





Slimming World was our Christmas Party - full of tasty food and party games!!  In terms of weight loss, I , didn't - I put on a pound (must have been that scone / cake / sausage roll / carvery over the weekend!) -  but I am happy with that -I have lost 4 pounds during December so far - you can't often say that now can you?

Back home and it's the usual tidying up and sorting out the mess that Daisy and Millie create.  I am hoping to finish knitting the shawl tonight that I started at the sewing retreat in November.  The pattern says to finish on Row 7 (out of 12) and then cast off - it will be touch and go - judging the wool that I have let!

No comments:

Post a Comment