Wednesday 1 November 2017

Sewing Retreat Countdown - minus 7

So - day one went well. I stayed within my syn allowance and walked over 4 miles.  So far so good!  Mind you - the slow cooked risotto wasn't wonderful - it cooked well, and was a lot easier than making it the traditional way, but it was quite bland.  There is enough for lunch today - so, waste not - but I won't be rushing back to that method!

Breakfast today was some defrosted frozen fruit with a banana and a yoghurt (the frozen fruit was found in the freezer yesterday, the banana is going brown and the yoghurt will be out of date tomorrow!)  Lunch was the afore mentioned risotto and dinner will be another new SW recipe - "Cauli mac 'n' cheese with gammon" (there was a cauli beginning to turn at the back of the fridge!)  SW works on the principle that one third of every meal has "speed foods" - these are generally carb free / low carb fruit and veg.  I certainly find that I lose more if I keep to that principle and try to eat lots of vegetables - so will probably add some carrots and broccoli to my "mac n cheese" tonight.




Today I popped round to Mum and Dad's - the plan was to power wash their patio in time for my Aunt and Uncle to come up on Friday for the weekend.  Coincidentally, today the nice men turned up to erect the lodge  - only to say that it wasn't flat enough and that they would come back next week (for a fee of course) to build the new base and then erect the lodge - and then went away again!  So we did what all self respectable people do - we went out for coffee to get over our disappointment!  Mind you I found a couple of Christmas presents so the trip out was not wasted!



Back at base, it feels like a "firelit" evening - I don't know about you but it's a bit chilly here (and I still have cold wet feet from the power washer!)!  I am still slogging away on the handsewing for Mum's Christmas present (I even have resorted to using a thimble - my finger looks like a veritable pin cushion!).  Ah well - it's something else that I can add to the retreat pile I guess!  This pile is growing at an alarming rate - oops, I have just remembered that I promised something to a relative for November - help!!  Can I go for a month do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh shame about the lodge.
    Would adding some seasoning/flavouring improve the risotto? I am all for meals that can be left to cook themselves!

    ReplyDelete