Thursday 2 November 2017

Sewing Retreat Countdown- minus 6

So, Day 2 went well - the food was right on track and, although I only walked 3 miles, I did the power washing and the walk around the supermarket doesn't register on the fitbit. Mind you - I also messaged the retreat and asked about a "reduced fat" diet - explaining about Slimming World - and was told that SW diets were left at the door and collected on exit - erm!!

Anyway - back to today.    I woke up around 7:30 to a nice sunny November morning.  After showering etc, I took all three dogs (Maisie is with me again for the weekend whilst my Aunt and Uncle are up visiting Mum and Dad) up to the beach and they had a lovely long run - well, I say lovely - Maisie did manage to find a dyke and went swimming !!  I came back and then cooked a SW dish called "Baked Oats".  Essentially you can have any flavouring and I particularly like the one with nutella in - but today I did the one that I have given you a link to - a "bakewell tart" version with reduced sugar jam in the centre. mmmmmm.


In terms of my food intake, the rest of the day was using left overs - Bacon and pumpkin soup for lunch and the "Cauli mac 'n'cheese with gammon and veg" for tea.  As you will see, today has been rather busy and WI related so not cooking from scratch helped out with time management!





So, what did I get up to that took up so much time?  Well, first I had to wrap the birthday gifts up.










Then sort the raffle - prizes, tickets and money - and pack the bag - including the secretary's book (yep, I have to stand in tonight -gulp!)







Now the fun starts - it's savoury scones for the competition so off to bake I went (well they won't win prizes for looks but they sure taste good - oops now how would I know that?)








Followed by SW chocolate brownies to take with me as my contribution towards the supper,








and a corned beef quiche to use up some cottage cheese and to allow me to take a piece for my supper tonight (sometimes there just isn't any sw related food available).






With the car packed up and the baking cooling, it was then onto a quick tidy and hoover around before collapsing with a much needed cuppa and a catch up of The Great British Bake Off.  Yes I know who wins but I wanted to see the efforts of the finalists!  It also gave me a few spare minutes to do an email clean up - I managed to get from nearly 2000 down to 742.  Still some way to go but I tend to "flag" important emails and so can quickly batch delete unflagged ones.  Of course I now need to trawl through the flagged ones to see if they still need to be kept - but that's a much longer job!

1 comment:

  1. The brekky sounds yum...keep your mitts of those scones though!

    ReplyDelete