Wednesday 15 November 2017

Painting in the dark!




Last week, in Norfolk, I treated myself to an egg coddler.  I must confess that I had been given one years ago and never tried it out.  Now that I am following SW and can eat eggs freely, I wanted to try another version.  This morning I tried it out for the first time, with some added smoked salmon in before cooking - and loved it!  I certainly will try that one again!






The plan for today was to go over to Mum and Dad's before heading over to Brigg garden centre to meet up with my brother, Phil, and his wife, Chris.  When I got to Mum's I couldn't help but notice that the painting of the lodge had advanced somewhat - the look on Mum's face said it all.  Apparently Dad has been out painting up to 7pm - with Mum having to "dance" around on the patio to activate the sensor lights so that he can see!!!! 




The garden centre was fully geared up for Christmas.  For a mere £350 you can buy an awful looking plastic olive tree complete with flickering lights,







or for free, you can enjoy watching and listening to the "coolest" band in town playing you Christmas music!












Upstairs the Christmas decoration floor had expanded and had this huge "train" in place - Polar Express maybe?  I liked that it was coming out of a book.








It was Chris' birthday today and so I was able to give her the finger puppets she asked me to make.

After a mooch around the shop, plus the inevitable purchasing of several "bits n bobs", we were then able to have a good catch up over lunch (I took a SW Caesar Salad and hoped that no one would object!)



Back home, and after a dog walk, it was then back upstairs to sort out box number 2 from the loft -my old school books which are now in a safe place rather than being left to the mercy of a cold attic.  Tonight I am actually in all evening - what bliss!  More handsewing then eh?

1 comment: