Sunday 12 November 2017

A trio of firsts!

Well, it appears that yesterday's post was not published - so here it is:-

Another day, another sewing shop - this time it was one that we haven't been to before and wondered why!  It was an Aladdin's cave of treasure and resulted in far too much spending - so much that Jean and I filled a newly acquired loyalty card and received a £10 voucher - so we went back in and spent more!  One of our purchases was a ball of wool which, allegedly, knits up into a self patterning shawl - I bought two and then sold one to Terry who was intrigued.  Sadly it had started to unravel and so Heather and Ev sorted it out for her!




Back at base and I started on the Scamblesby quilt blocks. They have now all ( well, all the ones that I have completed!) been quilted and I have decided on an arrangement.  Now I am attaching the sashing and heading towards completion.




As an aside, I decided to make a doll's quilt and pillow for a lady at slimming world who wanted a set for her granddaughter.








But the big news is that we attended a jumble sale this afternoon - another first for Heather!  It was in the village and I managed to pick up a few bits n bobs - as you do!  However it was a proper jumble sale queue to get in!








We celebrated with a very un "slimming world" scone n cream!  The retreat is coming to an end and we travel home tomorrow.  We have had a lovely time educating Heather but I will not lie - I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night!!









Towards the end of yesterday we took the obligatory group photo - the one with all of our efforts laid out in front of us and on the design wall behind.  Sadly Kathryn had to leave early but the rest of us didn't do too bad now did we?


Today was largely spent travelling home - apart from a wonderfully respected 2 minutes silence in the supermarket of course (we had stopped off for fresh fruit n veg to save going out again later in the week).  The dogs have been excellent (apparently) but are now home and sleeping off their efforts - I don't think that tonight will be a late one for me either!

Tomorrow I face the music and see what damage has been done to the SW scales - wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. Love the swirly work in the pic...and mmmm that scone looks good too! Hoping the scales are kind to you!

    ReplyDelete