Friday 13 October 2017

Wonder Woman to the rescue!

Let's start with the mini sew together bag that I started yesterday.  After 30 minutes on the project this morning - I just have to hand sew the binding this evening and then sew on the zipper tabs - then it will be another present finished (the recipient doesn't read this blog so I am safe there!).  You may recall that this is a trial run for the Textile Group on Monday so I now have another one to cut out - not my favourite task!



Today has been scheduled for a visit to Mum and Dad's.  When they moved in, a lot of Mum's kitchen related "stuff" was stored in a small shed.  We allocated today, since the weather forecast looked good,  as the day to go through the stuff - bin / charity shop what she doesn't want and then re-label and store everything else in a more organised manner.  The shed itself isn't in great shape so we also wanted to empty the shed to see the full extent of repairs needed / decide whether a new shed was necessary.  As I left (without my phone so you are sparred gory photos of spider paradise!) I received an email saying that a package was due to be delivered between 2pm and 4pm.  Just my luck!  However I decided to go, since often a tight deadline focuses the mind!  As it was we sorted the shed, decided to buy another one tomorrow and then moved and constructed a log store with Dad - all in 2 1/2 hours -not too shabby.  I even found time to patch up a potential Millie escape hole in the fence and we will try the garden next week with my pair of pooches.

Back home before 2pm, and tied to the house until the delivery was made, I decided to cut out the second mini sew together bag and back it with the interfacing.  Whilst I contemplated what radio / music / tv to put on in the craft room "The Music Man" popped up as a suggestion from Amazon.  I love this musical - it has "76 trombones" as one of its songs.  When I drove home to Lancashire in 1991, unsure as to whether I should have accepted a job in Lincolnshire where I knew no one, this song came on the radio and everything felt ok!  It was a no brainer - on it went and I sang along!  Not quite the "Let It Go" that some comments referred to yesterday but .......


My other job for the afternoon was to plan my menu for next week.  I find that I stick to the diet if I plan accordingly - plus we will be going to Morrison's after we buy the shed tomorrow so I may as well take advantage of the visit!

So, dogs now walked, parcel not delivered yet (grrrrr - we are well past the two hour slot!!) and tea cooking ( a yummy lamb stew plus veg) it will soon be time to settle down to , err, guess what, oh yes, some hand sewing!


1 comment:

  1. Busy busy day, nice to look back and see so much done with the time isn't it.

    ReplyDelete