Wednesday 11 October 2017

The day I finally tackled the mountain





Having rearranged my visit to Mum and Dad's for Friday - we want to empty a shed so need the nice weather that has been forecast - today was another unexpectedly free day!  I LIKE these kind of days!  So, what did I choose to do first?   Why, wrap up those secret projects I was working on earlier in the week, of course!  Sorted!






Next I decided to tackle under the stairs.  I don't know about you, but  I am a "dumper" - I come in and dump my bags etc in the hall and some of the items under the stairs haven't seen the light of day for ages - one bag was put there when I redecorated the upstairs bedroom - over a year ago! Today was the day to tackle and sort!  The before photo is, I will admit, quite shameful but you need to see that to appreciate the progress that I have made!  It was also a useful reason to visit the charity bin and recycle some of the contents ( and I did find a couple of useful stocking fillers)!


As ever, these jobs take longer than you think and so it was soon time for lunch and a dog walk in the rapidly increasing winds - think windswept!!!

This afternoon was spent catching up with The Great British Bake Off whilst cutting out some pieces for a mini sew together bag.  This is the next project for our Textile group on Monday and, although I have made several larger versions of these bags, I wanted to make one before Monday just to refresh my memory.  It will also be another Christmas present sorted!

Tonight is another RSC live production - this time it's Coriolanus - so it was an early tea before heading off to the cinema.  I will be honest - this year of the Egyptian plays has not been my favourite but I have reached the end and can now look forward (hopefully) to some more comedies / historical plays next year.

2 comments: