Monday 2 October 2017

Out of date chocolate - but how long would it have to be to NOT eat it?

Today, apart from being a tad cold and blustery (I will admit to turning the heating on - brrrr!), started with the usual Monday Morning Textile Group.  The focus was on starting the quilting of our Christmas wall hanging blocks - there are just four largish blocks and I free machined quilted two of them -along with one of my Scamblesby blocks (whilst the machine was set up - it would have been rude not to - surely?)  I was quite pleased with the way that the blocks turned out and can't wait to see this project finished - next week, hopefully.


Back home, and a two hour waiting window before heading out again, it was housework and general sorting out.  Keeping yourself busy helps with the "Not picking before weigh in" rule!  Of course I couldn't put Slimming World off any more and so headed out again - desperately hoping to see that my herculean efforts this week - particularly over the weekend- have paid off!  I needn't have worried - 3lbs off!  I will admit that I would have liked 5 but that might be being just a tad greedy!  So that now leaves me with 16lbs to lose in 5 weeks - focus, focus, focus!!

And the blog title?  Well, one member told a tale of clearing out her kitchen cupboards after her husband had passed away.  She said that she came across 4 bars of Lindt chocolate - all out of date with one f them being 4 years out of date.  She admitted that she unwrapped them all and then ate a square from them all - and enjoyed the lovely taste - before throwing the bars in the bin  Now THAT is will power!!  Mind you someone else said that they were so desperate that she had tried dog chocolate!  Help!!!!

Tonight should be a nice peaceful one - knitting a poppy for the WI competition this Thursday - well, someone has to do it!

3 comments:

  1. Throwing chocolate in the bin! Clearly that's where I am going wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you realise what a good friend I am lynda,
    I have been slowly and carefully opening and eating my way through the left over Roses, so you can have the wrappers!
    Now that’s what I call a BFF x
    Would be a waste to throw them away.
    I hope you appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete