Thursday 12 October 2017

Letting go.

I am one of life's decision makers.  I make decisions really quickly and then stick to them -even when they may not have been right.  I can always find a way around a bad decision - I would argue.  However I am also savvy enough that, sometimes, you just have to let a decision go / change your mind.  Sometimes you have to be brave enough to say - enough is enough!  What am I talking about - you may ask.  Well, sit down, pull up a chair and read on!

In 4 weeks time I am at a sewing retreat for 4 days.  Last time I went, I took a variety of projects to complete and pretty much finished everything.  Although I originally had a project in mind for this visit ( I wanted to finish the Scamblesby Quilt that we have been designing the blocks for), I allowed myself to be tempted by a beautiful Christmas quilt designed by Mandy Shaw (you may recall that I blogged about starting to cut the pieces up for this project several days ago).  I know that others are intending to make this quilt during the retreat but I still have several Christmas presents to complete - plus the afore mentioned Scamblesby Quilt.  So, I am calling a halt to this madness and changing my mind.  You have no idea how much this has been on my mind recently and, therefore, how freeing making this decision is!  So, if any of my Scamblesby friends are reading this - sorry, I won't be making the MS quilt - I will probably regret this when I see yours but, there again, I still have my box full of the lovely fabrics that I set aside to make it so can still do it for next year!

Okay - so onto today which started early with a visit to the groomers for Daisy.  Although she always comes out happy, she goes in shivering! This time she jumped straight back into the car when I got her out - bless! 



Once home, and after a tidy up and dishwasher unloading (not my favourite job), I was able to get on with the mini sew together bag that I cut out yesterday.  It should have been a day long job,  but is one of those projects that is better to have breaks after certain stages - so that you can walk away and come back refreshed -well, that was the plan anyway.  However an afternoon nap went on for rather a long time (I started in the sunshine and woke up freezing! ) so the sides will get attached this evening but the rest will wait for another day!




One of those breaks was to pay the church gardener, visit the post office and then walk the dogs - who says that I don't have a glamorous lifestyle eh?  Another was to get outside and do some weeding and glue a piece of wood onto the she cave door - like I said - glamorous!!  This wood "came off" nearly a year ago when a helpful delivery man put a parcel in the she cave and "forced " the door open - breaking this piece of wood off!



With a lamb casserole in the slow cooker to look forward to, my plan tonight is to catch up with the Apprentice from last night (plus Educating Greater Manchester) whilst sewing some more of Mum's Christmas present.  After three nights out on the trot, it's a real treat to spend a night in at last!

And the Shakespeare from last night?  Well, actually it was really good - a long one (hence the nap today) but extremely well acted. Unfortunately there were not many people there to enjoy it (about 12 that I could count - with one of them snoring for most of the play!) but at least it means that we can all spread out!  The next one in February marks the halfway point of my quest!!

4 comments:

  1. Always great to "let go"....sounds like a catchy title for a song :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wondered if singing was involved. Cx

      Delete
    2. Well ladies - I can always start singing - if you REALLY want me to!

      Delete