Wednesday 18 October 2017

Going all arty ....



Today was my monthly visit to a textile group at Belchford where Sewingbuddy and I are trying to develop our artistic skills.  Today we were going to be shown how to fabric paint and then build up some form of picture.  Of course we both sat there starting at the blank sheet of paper with no inspiration - until I used my phone to find a landscape that I liked.



Sewinbuddy, of course, drew a lovely outline and then proceeded to really enjoy the painting and blending stage.









Once we were happy (I wasn't but it was the best I could do) we then had to paint and fix on anything that was coming to the fore of our picture - mine was the stone wall,









which I then added some grass to.




Sewingbuddy had a tree and stone wall - we both added the details with free machine sewing.








I know that neither of us have finished - but even Picasso has to start somewhere - surely?

Back home and its time to light the fire (brr) before settling down for the evening.  My craft tonight will be to finish the WI craft demo - ready for tomorrow - before going back to my lovely hand sewing!  It's much easier following a pattern don't you think?


1 comment: