Wednesday 25 October 2017

Divine Intervention?

So, last night I went over to Mum and Dad's with Daisy in tow.  I had visions of my two cute great nieces playing with a cute cockerpoo - but Daisy was having none of it!  She shivered, she barked and whined - whenever the girls went near her, Daisy hid under my chair!  Oops!  The girls were fine -as I said yesterday, they have a dog of their own and so are savvy around dogs but I really embarrassed about Daisy! On the plus side, she really behaved herself when the children went to bed and my SW brownies went down well - so all was not lost!

Whilst we were there, Mum was telling a story of a sound she had heard in the house and wondered if she had a squirrel in the ceiling / gap under the upstairs floorboards.  Today, at Spindle Cottage , someone else was talking about squirrels and I recounted the story.  They then replied that their squirrel had done a lot of damage - particularly in the loft - and had chewed every single piece of the nativity set - apart from Mary and baby Jesus - is there a message there?

The workshop was my regular monthly workshop where we are making a sewing box.  Today we finished off the top tray and I have to glue the base to the box and then insert the compartments (gluing if its not as snug a fit as it should be).  Then, this afternoon, we started the major embroidery that goes around the whole box - its our homework but we do have three months before we need to have finished it!  The pictures are the teacher's example so that you can see how much is involved!





As my eyes started to close I decided to come home early - it will be nice to have an evening in "with the girls".








3 comments: