Tuesday 17 October 2017

Being a "Domestic Goddess" -ish!

Today's calendared activity was a WI planning meeting - with lunch.  However it wasn't due to start until 11:30am -so I took the opportunity to crack open my "domestic Goddess" alter ego!  First up was my lunch - The lunch (and the puddings) would be far too tempting- just check out these photos! -  and, with my target of 9 1/2 lbs reverberating around my head, I decided to take my own ( I did check with the hostess!).  Today lunch was going to be a Chicken Caesar salad (SW version of course) with a yoghurt / hifi bars for afters.

 Next up was a Pork and Egg meatloaf (again SW style).  It's a bit messy to make but having a loaf in the fridge means that you can snack on this rather than reaching for sweet treats.  It doesn't look all that - but mmmmmmmm!

With a quick break to load the dishwasher and washing machine plus ordering next month's medication online (ready for collection by the weekend - love this service) and accepting an oil delivery (I belong to a village group, and the price is still quite low), it was then into the craft room to start the embroidery machine off - I need to do 9 embroideries and each one has to be started separately so it's an on/ off process.  Of course this means that I can be in and out hoovering etc and getting the house straight (let's just say that I know the bins need emptying because Millie has started the process for me!!).

What's happened to me?  Why do I feel so good getting the house straight like this?  All I can hope is that this feeling soon passes and I get back to my normality!  The WI planning meeting went well - it is more of a throwing ideas / contacts around in order to try and form a plan for the meetings next year - trying to balance different topics which will interest and stimulate our growing band of members.  After the meeting, the secretary then tries to contact different people and nail them down to particular months.  It's a lot of work - but worth it when we enjoy such a varied programme of topics.

Back home - to a nice tidy house! - it was off to the beach with the dogs and then out in the garden for some light weeding (well, you have to take advantage of the sunny weather now don't you) before settling down for some sewing.  I say sewing - but, in reality, I am sorting out a sewing project for the WI craft group on Thursday.  We were intending to continue with our knitted poppies for the WI wreath but I suspect that we already have enough!!  Instead I thought that we could rustle up a Christmas decoration with some hexagons and so need to make a demo model!!  Of course I will do some more embroidery / applique on Mum's wall hanging if time allows!


1 comment: