Tuesday 10 October 2017

An ode to Tuesday

Today a meeting was scheduled
A church meeting at Christine's
But yesterday it was cancelled
Which left me with a day of opportunities.

The She Cave was "de - taped"
With my faithful scraper from Poundland
The voile curtains could now be draped
And morning coffee events be planned.

Then the shopping order was delivered
Mr Tesco carrying my shopping into the kitchen
After all - in this weather I would have shivered
So, at home, I stayed cooking tonight's chicken.

Next up was some Ivy declutterring
Dad would be so proud of me
In the breeze, the strands were flutterring
And bags, they were filling - three!


This afternoon, the ironing was done
Well, the pile had grown - so
The television was on - BBC 1
And, well, I don't want to crow,

But, I did find time to finish my quilt
And slipped stitch my hanging sleeve
So, here is the finished article - built
Another UFO finished - I do believe!


1 comment: