Sunday 24 September 2017

Where there's a beginning, then there has to be an end.

Today is the third and final day of my "Home Fest".  The headline act last night (Strictly Come Dancing) was great (I have chosen Aston in our family "sweepstake") and, as I went to bed, I was treated to a laser light display in the air (there is a festival going on in a field around 15 miles from here but light travels!).  Mind you, I agree with Sewingbuddy (now that's a turn up for the books!) - using an indoor loo in the ensuite is far more civilised than wellies and a portaloo / bucket!

Today I woke up to a bright and sunny morning - blue skies with just the lightest of breezes.  First up on the festival programme was the "religious celebration tent" and so off to church I went.  Mind you I did manage to cut strips for the wallhanging binding before I set off.   I managed to complete the hand quilting last night so want to trim and add the binding today.



Once home, and after a light lunch, it was back out to the "She cave painting tent" where the side windows, top trim and any touch ups were completed.  Hey voila - the outside of the She Cave is finished (only taken a year!!).  I wasn't sure about the dark "Willow" colour but, on reflection, I think that it makes the "elderflower" cream colour "pop".  My festival even enjoyed an aerial display (well, a lone light aircraft flew overhead but some would pay for that).




I wasn't sure what to do next but the festival programme had an intriguing activity called "Scenic observations" so I thought that I would give it a try - turns out it was a dog walk up at the beach - ah well!


However the next activity was right up my street - "Textiles collisions" - sewing the strips together for my binding and then sewing it onto the wall hanging - along with the hanging sleeve - all the time listening to the Archers Omnibus Bliss!  Mind you, my festival was gate crashed at this point by Wendy - who wanted my BFF to make her a badge to sew onto her uniform - no problems for BFF!!

By now most festival goers would normally be leaving, and the festival programme closed - after all they have work to go to tomorrow - but I have decided to stay and enjoy a leisurely dinner of lamb shank with roasted vegetables (I have been looking forward to this all weekend) whilst looking forward to the Benedict Cumberbatch drama on BBC 1 tonight (I have yet to watch anything involving him that has not been good).  With any luck I will be able to hand sew the binding on and then add the buttons - before chalking this project off as finished - FINALLY!

This has been a lovely, self indulgent, long weekend - and one that I must do again! Soon!

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting few days its been! Book yourself in another one quick smart!

    ReplyDelete