Sunday 10 September 2017

Thank goodness for an afternoon of rain!

The weather forecast suggested that I was about to experience a cloudy day with a good chance of rain.  Now I am not usually one to run my life by the forecasts (they are too often wrong for that) but, after church this morning, I whipped the dogs up to the beach and then settled down for an afternoon of sewing bliss!  We did have a small amount of rain - but, hey, it's an excuse - right?





First up was a suggestion made by someone at church - a 10 minute block. I used this video on Youtube and it was surprisingly easy to do.  I used some charm squares, instead of the layer cake squares suggested, so the final block was half the size.  However the diamond that you are left with in the centre is on the bias and so you can then curve the sides or perhaps turn it into a cathedral window.  I will carry on playing!




Next up was the main event - putting the blocks of Anderson's Farm together and making a start on the border.  There is a little tidying up to do but I am pleased with the way it is turning out.  Of course there are still 4 hearts to embroider before layering everything up - but it's progress - right?

Finally I wanted to play with my new BFF - this time I wanted to see how difficult it would be to buy and download a design file.  It turns out - very easy - however the machine keeps breaking the thread and so I needed to check whether it was how I threaded the machine or a problem with the design -it's just a learning curve!  I then sewed a stock design from the machine without problem but the thread broke when I tried the purchased design - cue an email to the company!




1 comment: