Wednesday 6 September 2017

Making way for a new friend - Day 3

Now, I suspect that you are awaiting news of more cleaning and tidying.  Sorry to disappoint you - but this morning had other ideas!  You may recall that I had made a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days - one of which was a challenge for Mum and Dad to find 12 tea shops that I had never been to and all three of us go out to try it out.  Well, so far we have found 4 and, on an impulse today, we tried the fifth one. This had been recommended by Wendy and was in a little village that I have often passed but never been to.  Of course, today's visit was  a little wasted on me - I am having a super good week, this week, - but the wide variety of cheesecakes and cakes looked very tempting.  Mum had a latte and a Turkish delight cheesecake whilst Dad had a cappuccino and a crunchie cheesecake.  Me?  I had a normal coffee with a couple of my Slimming world Hi Fi Bars (go me - air punch!)


After a trip to Morrisons, the garden centre and the stove centre (don't ask), I dropped Mum and Dad off and came home for a late lunch and then walked the dogs -how quickly does the day go?  Catching up on The Archer's Omnibus from the wedding weekend, I then set to in the sewing room.  It is not finished yet - but, there again, I am confined to barracks tomorrow until the toy machine arrives - but I do now have a clear(ish) surface for the machine.  The threads are nearby and the hoop is waiting - now, I wonder, what will be the first project I try?

Tonight, and trust me this is a phrase I never thought that I would write, I am decorating (or trying to) a bra.  It's for a WI competition tomorrow night and inspiration is somewhat eluding me!

3 comments: