Monday 4 September 2017

Making way for a new friend - day 1

My day started WAY too early!!  I emerged from a deep sleep to hear Daisy crying.  I got up - since I know from experience that this would only get worse - and let them both out.  This time, however, it was Millie with an upset stomach.  Without going into detail - there have been several accidents in the house which have needed clearing up - and she is feeling very sorry for herself!!  Mind you - so am I -with so little sleep!  I tried to catch 40 winks here and there - but you never really catch up do you?




After the usual tidy around - including decluttering a cupboard in the lounge that I just couldn't recall what was in there (rubbish as it turns out) - how do some people actually have a purpose for every drawer and cupboard? - I set to in the craft room.  Knowing how much better I feel when I sort a project out, I ran up this cute block from Heather for our Scamblesby quilt.  It just needs to be blanket stitched tonight and some details added.



Whilst in the craft room, I looked around.  With the arrival of my new toy on Thursday - there was clearly no room for it.  I had two choices - either swap the back bedroom over for the craft room (I would have sooooo much more space but the light there is worse and you would end up with a small double bedroom that was decorated last year to feel more workshop than bedroom - maybe that's a project for the future!) or swap the furniture in the craftroom around.  My thinking is that I currently have a very large cutting table - but only use half of it as I carefully place dump things on the other half.  So my current plan (which, let's face it, will possibly change half a dozen times before Thursday) is to split the cutting table in half - put one half for cutting under the window and have the other half on the back wall for the machine -it is near to an electrical supply there as well.  Since you seem to plan your embroidery on the computer and then transfer the design via a USB stick, I am not sure that I need to be at table height or whether cutting table height will be okay - time will tell I guess!  All of this is a way of telling you why the room is now in a mess.  I am going through everything stored underneath the table (and finding all sorts that I had forgotten about of course) and deciding whether to keep, sell or give to charity.  I have a charity bag to put out tomorrow morning so the timing couldn't have been better!

This afternoon was, of course, Slimming World - let's just pass on that news shall we?  I was ok with a weight gain last week because I knew that I would lose it this week.  Of course I hadn't reckoned on going out for a meal, having a lovely pud and then some lovely ice cream on Friday (as well as a piece of almond slice at the quilt show).  The result?  Well, I lost 2lbs but it should have been sooooo much more!  Ah well, it's time to get my nose back to the grindstone and start making an effort - time is running out for my first target and I will be gutted if I don't make it!  Tea tonight is low fat sausage casserole with carrots, broccoli and mash - no Monday night treat here! Start as you mean to go on!

1 comment:

  1. Two pounds is not to be sniffed at! Every little helps :)

    ReplyDelete