Wednesday 13 September 2017

"Come on Aileen"

Wow - what a night it was - with storm Aileen doing her bit.  I appreciate that it was nowhere near as bad as other areas of the world have experienced recently - but it certainly gave me a disturbed night!  Not least because it completely spooked the dogs out - so they ended up sleeping with me - again!

This morning, the plan was to go back to Mum and Dad's to finish the fencing.  However they had to pop to B & Q's first thing (OAP day - discounts - say no more!), so, whilst I waited for a phone call to say that they were back home, I got on with adding some borders to the Anderson's Farm wall hanging. I have traced the 4 hearts which will go in the corners and so can start to embroider them tonight.


Next up was a quick visit to the local pet store to pick up some Frontline for the dog's regular flee treatment.  I have never seen any of my dogs with fleas, thank goodness, but they are starting to scratch a little so need to take pre-emptive action.  The local store has only just started to stock it - it might be a tad expensive - but much cheaper than driving 20 minutes each way to a pet store / vets!  Of course the dog's bedding all has to be washed as well -just in case!  That's a day's work at least!

I decided to set off for Mum and Dad's - only to receive a phone call on the way - "The wind might make the job too difficult - can we do the fence tomorrow and i will paint the rest of the panels today?"  No problem - I say as  turn around - thinking, great, dog bedding in the washing machine and a swim this afternoon!

An early lunch, a blustery dog walk and then it was time to head off for a swim.  I am ashamed to say that this was the first time since Mum ad Dad moved up here on the 1st June!!!!!!!  In my defence I was busy helping them, and then the summer holiday started and it got mad in the pool.  It was really nice to enjoy a leisurely swim and start to retrain those muscles -even if it did turn out to be busier than i expected.  Still I managed 72 widths - I usually aim for 84 but, erm, needed a comfort break!!  Still not bad for the first time back.

Back home, and with washing load number three on, it was time to get some more sewing preparation done (it's another Scamblesby sewing Day this Sunday so I need to sort my projects out) before mowing the lawn and then settling down for some evening tv and sewing.  Today, thanks to storm Aileen, didn't pan out in the way that I thought it would - but, hey, I'm not complaining!






No comments:

Post a Comment