Wednesday 20 September 2017

Another fine mess that you've got me into!

Today was a bit of an experiment, to be truthful, but one that,so far, has turned out well!  For some time now, Sewingbuddy and I have felt that we are stagnating - craft wise - and need to push ourselves further and develop our artistic side (or find mine in my case!).  Whilst I was away at my brother's wedding, Sewingbuddy went to a quilt show and was bowled over by their work -getting an invite to join the group into the bargain for both of us.  Today was our first visit so we decided to take along some hand sewing so that we could work but also have time to talk to others, develop friendships and perhaps see how the land lies about future projects.

Similar to our Scamblesby group, there were a range of activities going on - three ladies were wet and dry felting.  Jenny, who used to teach Sewingbuddy and I, was making an abstract wall hanging for her brother in law.  Karen, the group leader. showed us the product of a workshop that she had been on recently - based on the seaside.  Whilst her dog, Maddie, kept her company!  (Apologies for no photos - my phone has been busy all day trying to swap numbers form my old phone to my new one and my ipad doesn't want to play ball!)

Sewingbuddy took her Lynette Anderson Christmas cushion to continue with, whilst I took my mini hexagons to sew into a butterfly.

So -what are we doing next time?  Well Karen is gong to show us how to paint fabric and then free machine it to create marks and effects that could, in turn, be used to create book covers etc.  Watch this space - its the third Wednesday in October so I have got time develop my creative side lol!




2 comments:

  1. Always up for a new challenge aye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good day, my heads buzzing, definitely won't sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete