Tuesday 29 August 2017

"That's where the old school teacher lives"

This is what I have been reduced to!!  Last night I had an order delivered from Tesco's and he couldn't find my house -so he stopped two people walking their dog and gave my name.  Their response was the blog title!!  Help!

At my brother's wedding I tasted coronation chicken for the first time - after many years of saying that I didn't like it!  Of course I then found it absolutely lovely - and so added some ingredients to my Tesco order to make a slimming world friendly version. There are a number of recipes out there but they all included mayonnaise - which I hate - or rather, said that I hated but, after some "lighter than light" arrived last night I may just have changed my mind - oops!  Anyway, today, I added the mayonnaise to some natural yoghurt, curry powder, apricot jam and then fresh apricots - before mixing with chicken pieces - and then had some with a jacket potato.  I may just have discovered a new favourite after all these years!


Today required an early start - the car was in for it's service and MOT - so I dropped it off and walked the dogs back home. I am still very tired after the weekend and so achieving anything was, I will admit, a struggle.  However I have managed to book a premier inn for a holiday next august (well, they release their rooms a year before so it would be rude not to), wash and change the bedding, do a second load of washing and have re-discovered the floor in the craft room (it was approaching a Dr Livingstone I presume moment!)  With the weather outside being distinctly inclement, I also treated myself to lunch on the sofa with some EPP hexagons- before resting my eyes for a few minutes!


Of course I was waiting for the call to say that the car was ready and, once it came through, bounded crawled out of the door with the dogs and began the looooooong walk back to the garage - well not that far really but ....

The final "task" of the day was to pop round to Wendy's to sort out some car insurance details (we are going to a quilt show on Saturday so it helps to have a spare driver just in case) before coming back home and trying out a new SW recipe for tea - "Sloppy Joe's macaroni frittata" - different eh?  Now all I need is to sit back and try out the new Great British Bake Off - let's hope that it is as good as it was on the BBC!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have discovered the delights of coronation chicken....and everything else that includes mayo! Mayo and yogurt is a good mix for lots of things :)

    ReplyDelete