Monday 14 August 2017

Slimmer of the week - who knew?

Yesterday, at the gala, I was talking to a friend, Jenny, who had her granddaughter staying with her.  Ruby wanted to make a new top for herself (she is 10 years old) and they had bought a second hand machine but was waiting to find out how to use it.  Since Ruby was only here for another week or so, and since they had bought the fabric, I offered to go round and try to work it out - which, fortunately I was able to do.  Sadly, however, Ruby had never used a machine before and was a tad scared of the speed - so I also took my workshop machine around and showed her how to restrict the speed.  Two hours later we had drafted a paper pattern from her existing top, sewn one top together and cut the second one out!  Next stop - create some bias binding for both tops - but that's tomorrow's task!

This afternoon it was, of course, Slimming world!  I was hoping that I would lose most of my holiday / weekend weight gain - and did it!  In fact, I actually lost 8 lbs which takes me below my pre-holiday weight!!  Yippee!! It also means that I have lost 3 1/2 stone in total so I am only 1 1/2 stone away from my first target!!

Not only that but I was also awarded Slimmer of the week for the first time - and came home with such goodies as rhubarb, blackberries and a voucher for a pound of slimmers sausages!  Ain't I the lucky one?



On a totally different note, I was sent this photo last night - it's of my brother's house which they have decorated for the impending wedding at the end of the month.  The bunting in the photo is part of the 100m that I sent them!  It makes a change from the Leicester City flag!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo you are doing sooooo well on the diet well done!! AND slimmer of the week...no stopping you! Bunting looks great and cant wait to see Ruby's top!

    ReplyDelete