Wednesday 23 August 2017

A lazy kind of day!

Well, what can I say - the blog title says it all.  Somehow I just couldn't get going today and everything felt like an uphill battle.  Mind you - I had a number of must do tasks so they, at least, have been done.

First up was to pop around to church with some raffle prizes for their open weekend - thank goodness Mum moved and sorted some things out for us!  After a detour via the local shops for exciting stuff like washing tabs, it was then home to a spot of housework before settling down to the Christmas present that I started last Saturday.  By this afternoon, and with the help of Midsummer Murders on catch up from last night, the present was finished and ready for a press.  Mind you - I did also manage to knit a poppy whilst watching TV - this year the WI want to do a knitted wreath so I have set myself a personal target of 20 poppies - 4 so far !!


Meanwhile the oil cloth table covers from the WI were in the washing machine - I didn't know that you could put them in the washing machine but, as we speak, I am trying to summon up the courage to take them out - apparently there's a lot of water in those folds!

And that's it - not a lot to show for 8 hours of time now is it?  I am hoping that there's a sudden burst of energy - but I am not holding out hope!  Roll on tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. We all need a slow down day and yours doesn't sound that slow to be honest!

    ReplyDelete